Sunday 22 March 2009

22nd March - Total Profits - £687.

Now where was I...

15th march - didnt do much trading except I decided to test out my tennis predictions and I bet £23.25 on Monfis to beat Isner - I went to bed and woke up to the result. I had managed to get my netbook working and got my trading software working on it - except for one thing and that was the "reverse ladders" function wasnt working and I managed to turn a £14 win into a £4 win after I had sussed out that everytime I went to "back" the software was "laying" and visa versa... £10 lesson now I wont be making that mistake again.

16th March and Monfis had lost, so my next tennis trade was for Simon to beat Ljubicic, I learnt from the night before and decided to watch this one and traded out for a very small win and decided that my tennis predicting isn't what I thought it was. So for the 15th and 16th I had won about £4.50. Fairly relaxed hadn't done much trading and what trading I did wasn't a total loss.

17th March - I had done well on the Asian Champions League matches and was up £65. I decided not to trade that night and feeling a bit under the weather went upstairs to sleep/relax and saw that Hull were leading Arsenal in the FA Cup - I wasnt stupid enough to trade on a Hull win but Hull had held out for so long I didnt want to trade on the other results either. Arsenal scored and I thought hey up lets have a look at those draw odds... with 16 minutes left to play the odds for a draw were high like 1.89/1.93 type and I thought the opportunity was there to make some cash - I didnt think it would end in a draw or rather I wasnt taking an educated guess at what the result would be but rather how much the odds will change in the next 30 to 90 seconds and with 16 minutes to go the odds (with the absence of a goal) should fall by 5.5 ticks per minute and this is what I was trading on - watching the match, deciding if it was safe to back and whether I could lay for lower odds within a reasonable time. The odds didnt change much and with just 6 minutes left to go the odds were 1.68 - so the rate at which they had to fall was huge over a tick ever 10 seconds - you know the rest - offside goal awarded to Arsenal and I lost £165 - so quite annoyed with myself that I had lost £100 - £100 I can live with and accept.

18th March and the Asian Champions League was going to be the main staple of the day with matches starting at 10:00 in the UK and there were other football matches being played in europe too and I could be trading upto 10ish in the night. Quite pleased that so many opportunities were coming my way, I settled down to trade. First match - up £25, goal caught me out and I was down £56 - mutters - found a new way to make money - go back into the under 2.5 market even with the score at 1-0, no goals scored regained £50.

Next match up £5. Next - up £26, next up a bit - cant remember how much but got caught again - down £27. Next match up again but got caught again - down £116 - now this time I thought I would be clever on the next match - so I backed under 2.5 - saw it get down to odds of 1.21 and a possible profit of £58, with injury time of the first half being played, the underdogs scored, grrrrr, not to worry, shit game wont score anymore, 2nd half and I can green up for £30 - no I want my £100 back , feckers score again, more cussing and cursing, not much of the match to play lets see how far I can let it go, I trade out for a £11 loss as the thought of another goal will lose me £186 wasnt a good one. So "just" £111 to make up today, so I back the draw with a few minutes to go - and the third goes in! down £176 on that game alone - completely hacked off I post on the blog. Now what I was watching and how I was trading (the sensible bits of the above) I am in retrospect quite satisfied with, the gambling side and not greening up for the £30 and £58 is stupid but there is nothing I can do about the past.

Last match of the day Aberdeen v Dunfermline - I watched for a few minutes and just traded, didnt double my stakes or anything but just traded like a demon, match was goalless after extra time and I had traded for £164 profit - put me in an upbeat mood as a loss for the day of hell was "only" £129.

Taking time to read blogs recommended to me and reflecting back on the day, I just relaxed and stopped trying to make the money back as quickly as possible, it will take me however long it takes me. I've done it before and I'll do it again.

19th - 22nd March - not much trading again due to family things to do but able to report £115 profits.

Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment