Monday 30 March 2009

23rd March - 29th March - Total Profits £702.

International week for football and the lack of football leading up to the weekend left me with little to do - when I'm making a shed load then this week each year is an obvious holiday week, no tennis either on the tele until the weekend.

I withdrew £429.45 from my betfair account as I have a little cash flow situation on the domestic front.

No trades until 28th where I made £4 on the Irish U21 match.

I was looking forward to the Saturday as I hadn't traded for a while and knew there would be as much football as I could take on the television. I had prepared the family for a "football" day - told them it starts as noon and finishes at nine.

Settled down and saw the Japan v Bahrain match was on live stream. At half time the odds for the draw had just dipped below 3.00, I had got in for 3.05 and layed half of the stake at 2.94 and then the odds started rising to 3.00, which i thought was too high so I backed again and waited for the odds to decrease again - they didnt the 2nd half got under way and the odds now had reached a peak of 3.10 and started dropping. Japan got a free kick, about 30 yards out, I looked at the wall, and the position of the free kick to the goal and thought, no chance too far out - Smack, hits the wall and loops over the goalie. Well Bahrain wasnt going to score and I settled for a £189 loss. Fine way to start the football, I thought.

I traded a little on the NZ v India draw market which netted me £36.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful, I made up most of my losses and after the soft snoring noises had started, I switched over the tele to the Ecuador v Brazil match, initially thinking Brazil was in the yellow and green, until a close up of Ronaldinho in a blue shirt showed me that I was incorrect, yet it was the yellow and green side who had most of the possession but looked like they didnt have the killer touch. So I placed a lay on Ecuador for the following reasons; the odds on them winning was 3.85 - which I felt were too low. The amount of time left to play was about 20 minutes, I could only see their odds going up and lastly the odds were indeed starting to go up and at 0.05 jumps - I placed a lay of £46.50 and continued to watch. Brazil took off Ronaldinho and replaced him with that big old lump Arsenal had on loan from Real Madrid - name escapes me - 80 seconds later and the substitute had scored or rather he shot, hit the post, ball came back, hit the goalie on the head and went into the net. Took the £39 profit and turned over to watch the cricket.

So Saturday morning to Monday morning I traded from a £189 loss to a £11 profit.

Results:

2 comments:

  1. you might need to spend some of those profits on a new TV - Ecuador were playing in yellow shirts, blue shorts and red socks! They had plenty of chances earlier in the match but Julio Cesar made some classy saves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tv is fine, it's my eyes that need fixing...

    ReplyDelete