Wednesday 4 March 2009

4th March - Total Profits £773

All football again today and I deviated from my normal trading pattern.

Kilmarnock were at home to Celtic and the under 2.5 goal market felt quite dangerous as the Killies defence looked a bit dodgy. Celtic had won the last 13 matches at Killies ground and they had a few chances which was the reason that put me off the under 2.5 goal market - so what I did was to back Celtic to win at 1.43 odds. Blackburn and Everton was starting and I just backed with £46.50 with the idea that I was prepared to lose this amount but would green up if they did score first. Twenty seven minutes it took for Celtic to score and I greened up for around £10. I closed the market and noticed that the score was 1-1 a half time.

Blackburn and Everton, I did a little on the under 2.5 market but stopped when the odds got around 1.50 at which point I switched to the draw market. A couple things of note - the market was 3.15/3.10 when I started looking at it and that equated to somewhere in between 2.5 and 3.0 ticks per minute. There was £10,000 being layed at 3.00 and what this did was to delay the price movement - It took a fair few minutes to get through the 10 grand. I did the same as yesterday and grab a back trade before half time and then trade out at half time, there was only 1 minute of injury time in the first half and it was just before they announced this that I backed at 2.70 and then traded out at 2.46 at half time. The first half netted me around £26. The second half was trading at over 3 ticks per minute and it is worth noting that at the start of the game it was trading at around 2.6 ticks per minute. I'm not sure whether this observation is important or not, other than you can be quite certain that the lay side of the trade will get filled quicker than you think.

Results:

£66.34 - 5.81%

No comments:

Post a Comment