Thursday 12 February 2009

12th February - Total Profits £575

Due to going out I had to make do with sports that I'm not that comfortable with playing with high stakes - so I used smaller ones instead.

Tennis:

Ancic v Simon - I thought Simon would win this but the commentator mentioned a couple of alarming things that I have logged in my memory bank firstly that Simon wasn't moving that well in the first set and to be fair he looked a bit flustered and Ancic was competing well on Simon's serve so as a service break was there i.e. Advantage Ancic I layed Simon, Ancic took the point and game and served out for the first set which made me £6 - I was using £34 stakes. I mentioned two things regarding Simon that the commentator mentioned - he is 5ft 11inches tall and weighs only 150 pounds - 10 1/2 stone that is light - Murray was talking about putting on more weight before the Aussie open and I'm sure he's not light - I perceive a tennis player to be all about muscles - the right muscles and now I have it in my mind that Simon might of had some excellent results end of last year but will his lack of muscle mean that he might not perform again to those highs - time will tell.

Llodra v Monfis - Monfis is a bit like the girls I mentioned yesterday - he can be excellent (like his win against Nadal in Dubai earlier this year) and all he needs to do is have self belief - I layed Monfis hoping he would get the jitters again - he didn't and I took a £6 loss.

Seppi v Murray - I backed Murray to win 2-0 and after he broke first in the first set I layed for £4.50 profit - Murray is back and I mean back to his bad old ways, he's not hitting the lines, losing long rallies and he needs to work on his game again if he wants to stay in the top 4.

Serena Williams with a bit of a cough and a cold made short work of her match with a qualifier and I won circa £1.40.

Tennis total £5.91

Horse racing

I came to trading through racing traders who have excellent forums. When I first started it was all about pre-race trading on horses - I hated it as I didnt know how to read markets and still dont understand the nuances of horse racing. I opened up a race to trade on and having had a lot of experience of markets on the football markets it must have taught me a few things and I traded a couple of times to make £4.43 on one race.

Looking forward to going back to what I know i.e. football tomorrow but for a day of inactivity on that front and a night of nice food and good company, I am pleased with some profit for the day.

Results:

£10.34 - 1.03%

No comments:

Post a Comment