Wednesday 25 February 2009

25th February - Total Profits £676

That's more like it.

Woke up early today and spotted some 20 20 cricket on - New Zealand v India - New Zealand had been asked to get (I think) around 160 runs, the first over they lost a wicket and by the 6th over they were 54-1 or 54-2 the odds were acceptable at around 1.60 and 1.45ish when I took them. One of the batsmen hit two sixes, the odds dropped and with only a £40 stake used, there was a profit of £9 to be had - I thought it would go lower and didnt bother taking it and a wicket promptly fell so I took the £2 profit available as I had to go out.

When I arrived home after lunch Bolelli was playing Gasquet, I set up a trade for £10 on Bolelli to win the 6th game of the 1st set - which was the next one to be played after the current one had finished. Quite comfortable with the trade I then realised that I had in fact placed a £186 trade - visions of yesterday and another big loss were in my head - with virtually no liquidity, I had to see out the game, first point -love-15, tension crept in but the reason I backed Bolelli is that he as an excellent serve that seemed to be holding up, 15-15, 30-15,40-15 traded some out, game to Bolelli and £21 made. phew!

Traded 2 other service games,1 Bolelli and 1 for Gasquet and they held easily enough - set coming to some crucial games where the receiver puts in extra effort and i left tennis for the day with £27 profit.

Thirty quid up and a good start on making up yesterday's loss.

I noticed a live stream of a Greek football match between AEK and Xanthi. I checked to ensure the stream was not delayed by too much - it wasnt and I started trading the draw - under 2.5 market was below 1.50, the half time market had no liquidity. Sixty-three selections later and my dinner on my lap I stopped trading, AEK scored with about 8 minutes to go, so I left the market with nearly £29 profit.

Yesterday when I tried to trade the Champion's league matches I had 12 markets open, 4 other windows open, my trading software, a spreadsheet open to assist with my decisions and I was flicking between matches - it was impossible, so with that experience behind me I decided just to look at one match and luckily for me it was the Real Madrid v Liverpool match - which in terms of quality was poor, there wasnt much goalmouth action and ideal for trading with more liquidity than needed. I traded the under 2.5 market for £4 and after experiencing the draw market over the past few days, I decided to ignore the half time market completely - it seemed to be the right move and this time 71 selections provided £43.50 profit.

Results:

£106.16 - 10.56%

No comments:

Post a Comment