Friday 20 February 2009

Total Profits - £617

I'm in a pretty good mood tonight despite losing a shed full.

I could have been £230 up if I had let the bets run to fruition but I was chasing a loss all day and the damage could have been bigger. I bet on Venus Williams to beat her sister - she was leading 6-1, hadn't dropped a point on her own set and was at break point on her sister's serve and I then the stupid stick hit me on the head, I backed her at odds of 1.13, she lost the point and she started serving - at this point she hadn't dropped a single point on her own serve - so I wasn't too concerned, I backed her at 1.27 with the thought that when she held her serve and started attacking her sister's serve again her odds would drop to 1.20 and I could get out of the trade - oh because I had successfully traded with £42 stakes for a £11 profit at this point I had used £186 stakes so I was facing a £360ish loss. I let the trade run as I thought that Venus would break back and Serena seemed to be clutching her leg. Well Serena won the 2nd set I could have taken losses of £70 to £100 at this point and I took the decision to let the trade continue convinced that Venus would hit back. First game, third set, Venus wins to love - feeling good, Serena taken to deuce twice on her serve - bit disappointed she didnt break - Venus serves and loses her serve - expletives - never mind Venus will break back - she didnt - Serena looking rather good at this point and I take a loss of £265.94. Serena holds her next serve but gets broken in the next and promptly loses the tie-break and hobbled off the court.

Double stakes on the footy gets me back £20.

I heard Leeds are good at Rugby League and I thought I will trade on them - usual chasing stuff for me again - backed Leeds at 1.3 and then again at 1.5 then a smaller bet at 2.38 and when they got level I traded out for a £20 win - typically, I then backed them again then traded out for only a £5 win and finally I greened only on Leeds when they took the lead for £8. On this trade I could have lost £230 or won £150, chase chase chase - I'm an idiot.

Oh I lost a couple of quid on some other rugby game too.

I am in a fairly upbeat mood cos I know exactly where I went wrong and I got away with not being seriously further down.

Results:

-£243.80 -18.79%


1 comment:

  1. Recognise your day, amazing how many times I've had one of those horrible chasing days ( check out my post from Tuesday!). It's bizarre how the brain works, I get into a panic mood where I believe that it's vital to recover losses immediately, leading to bets on sports I know nothing about and punts I'd not usually touch. Yet after a night's sleep, I can easily slot back into controlled and calm betting. Somebody out there must have the answer.

    ReplyDelete