Monday 23 February 2009

22nd February - Total profits £641

I should have been £50ish up today and I learnt a very important lesson whilst bemoaning my losses. The loss was less than a fiver but here we go.

Sky television - we have been spoilt with the number and quality of their live sports packages, the premiership, championship, rugby union, rugby league, darts, tennis etc... we rely on their accuracy and pictures to trade on. You know there's a but and here it is, their Spanish live football on saturdays and sundays will never have me trading on those games again (that's the lesson). On 14th February I mentioned that Sky must be doing something wrong as their pictures were a few seconds behind Betfair's markets and tonight I got the lesson that it wasn't a one off - I was watching a match and the ball goes down the left wing and out for a throw-in not too concerned with my open back bet, the market gets suspended and about 5 to 6 seconds later the throw in is taken, the ball is in the box and in the net. With Eurosport and their tennis coverage you can accept that it is a few seconds behind and again with live streaming on the net can have similar delays but for Sky and their reputation it's most surprising. For the record I was about £10 up and had to trade out for a £40 loss - which so happened to be the amount I had won so far for the day. I hadnt traded all day as my parents invited themselves over for the day.

So I decided to trade the Guimaraes v Trofense match and I got hit by a goal to Trofense - now I dont mind this loss at all - my trading style leads me to make decisions as to who is most likely to score and Trofense was in the "no chance in this match" category but they scored and I turned a £38 loss into a £20ish loss by the end of the match - as I said no regrets.

Finally I watched Andy Roddick v Stepanek and I had a preconceived idea Roddick would win - but everyone else would have this prediction too I guess and I missed the jump on him breaking Stepanek's serve in the first set as he broke on Stepanek's first service game - the way in which I traded was to trade at the start of his serve in the second set and trade out with 2 to 3 ticks profits when he was about to hold for his serve - this kind of trading relies on having utmost faith in the server's serve and with Roddick not only do you get one of the best first serve's in the world but he has the best 2nd serve in the business - in effect he gets two attempts to win the point at the outset of a point. Well anyway £14 profit.

As the Champions League is starting again this week, does anyone have experience of the time delays that occurred on the Spanish games happening in the Champions league matches on Sky?

Results:

-£4.65 -0.43%

No comments:

Post a Comment