Saturday 7 February 2009

7th February - Total Profits - £371

With a match on now, I could be trading but I decided to give it a miss - I have had a good day and want to relax for the evening.

Rugby

I watched the England v Italy match and it looked to me that Italy would struggle to score points against England and when England had scored in the first few minutes - I backed England minus 7.5 points at 1.25 and then promptly layed it and greened up for £1.48.

I then decided to look at the England minus 15.5 points market - I backed for £31 at 1.5 and layed shortly after at 1.20, I then continued to watch and my suspicions that Italy were finding hard to score against England were confirmed in my mind - England went 12-0 up and I back England to win by 15.5 points, to me it felt that England had 50 - 60 minutes to score a few more. So with my re-found confidence I backed £111 at 1.24 again £111 at 1.27 and a further £111 at 1.29 - now with Italy on the attack the odds went out to 1.5 and there was £50 waiting for me to take but I thought I had too much invested to add a bit more - so I chose not to and with in 2 minutes England had scored again and the odds tumbled to 1.16 so I layed and greened up for £30 and a total for the rugby of £32.

Football

Man City v Middlesbrough

Now for me this sounds like a low scoring game, same as say Everton v Fulham or Stoke v Aston Villa - compare that to Man Utd v Hull or Barcelona v Numancia -those games sounds like high scoring goals. So with about 90 minutes before the match I checked the under 2.5 market and backed at 1.94 and with 30 odds minutes left before it went in play I layed for 1.90. Nice to have £2 or so without it even going in play and bearing in mind my target is circa £22 then it makes a dent already. The match was all right but I didnt enter the market until a full 10 minutes of the first half, I know there is an urge or adrenalin rush to get into a market but today I just felt Man City could score at any time for the first 6 to 7 minutes as they had chance after chance, Middlesbrough found their feet and started defending properly and I started trading - about £8 on the under 2.5 market, another £8 on the half time result and then only a couple of quid on the full time result - Man City had gone 1-0 up and the odds were low - I figured there would plenty of opportunity to make the money during the day (rugby hadnt started yet).

I traded a negligible amount on the Leicester v Oldham match as it coincided with the Portsmouth v Liverpool match. I had a chance to trade on the Leicester match but with Dean Windass in goal I thought better of it and stayed with the Liverpool match which was eventful and with about 10 minutes left to go Portsmouth were leading 2-1 - my thoughts went back to an earlier match in the season where Portsmouth were leading 2-0 against AC Milan with only injury time left to go - they either lost or drew - so I knew Portsmouth were dodgy and I decided to trade out and just watch - Liverpool won 3-2.

Results:

£66.79 - 9.03%

No comments:

Post a Comment