Thursday 5 February 2009

3rd & 4th February - Total Profit - £270

3rd February - went to the football and no trading was done

4th February.

Having not traded the day before and wary that the day before that I had lost money then I felt a little apprehensive when the trading started.

Sporting Lisbon were playing Porto and the green of Sporting looked as if they could win this quite comfortably, Porto scored and a quick dive into the half time market once the market was unsuspended saw me get backed at 1.41 and then layed a few seconds later at 1.34 - shame only £16 got backed. Anyway Liverpool and Everton were back at it and I concentrated on that match instead.

Everton v Liverpool

The under 2.5 goal market started at about 1.56ish and I opted out as it was close to the 1.50 level that I always close the market on anyway. That left me the half time and full time markets. I didnt start on the half time market until 20 minutes into the first half for a couple of reasons; low liquidity and the odds hadn't started to move quickly enough. At half time I had made around £4.

Half time - I quickly looked over to the Spanish game that was on Sky which started at the same time. I got a back in at 2.02 with about 30 seconds left to play until half time - knowing the price is likely to fall at half time - a minute later I traded out for £1.52 profit when the price had dropped to 1.99.

2nd half - toss up between Everton match or the Spanish match to trade - both live on tele, both had good liquidity but which to go for, well the Everton match was scoreless and the away team were 1-0 up in the Spanish match. An easy decision, the draw market is most profitable, it has higher odds to start with and will come down at a rate of around 0.03 a minute whereas the Spanish game would drop at around 0.015 to 0.02 ticks per minute. The Everton match did what it expected to do and dropped consistently with a hiccup when a Liverpool player was sent off - the sending off did nothing to the market - I was expecting some sort of jump but nothing, when the market got suspended it was at 1.58 when it returned it resumed at 1.58. I stopped trading with about 5 minutes left of normal time left to play - I have started doing this recently, opting out of the skirmishing on the markets at the death of a game as it can produce a nice little extra but it is not only putting your stake on the line but also the profits that have been gained. Profit :£17.77

Extra Time: Traded the draw until about 5 minutes left - made £8.33

Tennis - I traded a little on the Zagreb match for a £2.52 profit - just an observation here - Ljubicic is a Croat and Troicki is a Serb and they are playing in Croatia. The line judges kept calling the young Serb's shots out - without hawkeye and on live stream it was obvious that the calls were incorrect - it took 3 sets but Troicki finally won out.

Results:

£35.15 - 5.25%

No comments:

Post a Comment