Tuesday 13 January 2009

12th January.

Poor trading cost me Sunday and a simple mistake cost me again.

Started off with a look at the calender and it looked fairly empty - yes there was tennis but it is on at 10 pm and for an old geezer like me that's means a 11:30+ finish - so not too impressed. Eurosport has got snooker on and there is a football match on in the evening.

So I had a five quid bet on the snooker and when it turned out to be the wrong decision I traded out for a loss and this was probably down to being bored.

Being bored I tuned the tele on to horse racing - not my favourite sport but I think I have watched enough to see when a horse will win or not - I backed the photo finish favourite for a start and then just watched the racing and backed the leading horse when I thought it would win - but only with £10 bets.

Now onto the footy - MK Dons vs Colchester - Started disastrously when I was really eager to start trading, I got the markets up and placed my first bet which I thought was ok but then the odds went up instead of down, I waited and it dropped back down to the price I backed and I looked at the tele and Colchester were attacking, I pressed the lay button but too late and Colchester scored - I then realised I had not changed the market and I was backing MK Dons when I wanted to back the draw - I lost £57.

Sunday I took a position that a certain result would be obtained and chucked a wedge on it to recoup the deficit, this time I decided to try and trade out of the deficit and instead of using the £140 stakes, I doubled the stakes to £280, the reason being only 12 minutes had elapsed since the start of the match. Trading in and out I managed to recoup £40 by half time (which meant I was approx. £3 down for the day). In the 2nd half MK Dons had a player sent off and the odds went from 1.75 prior to the players tackle down to 1.35ish, there was a lot of money being traded at this level and frankly with quite a lot of the 2nd half to play, I didnt see much point trading when a single tick movement would take a while and attacking moves means that the market is likely to move against you. So anyway, MK Dons got a corner and with the 10 men scored and I could start trading again as the odds for a draw went up to 1.99 - which surprised me but hey ho who am I to complain.

With the draw being the final result the total I managed to get back from my original mistake at the start of the match was £59 - so actually turned a profit on that market.

Tennis Kohlshreiber was playing Hrbaty, Kohlshreiber is ok if his serve works, if it doesnt then he usually struggles, Hrbaty is a good enough player, better on clay courts and I felt that Kohlshreiber should win 2 sets to nil but it's a matter of getting the right price and making sure his serve was working effectively. So I missed out on the pre-match odds of 1.87 and had to settle for much lower odds as Kohlshreiber broke Hrbaty's first service game and the odds came tumbling down and I took a quick trade and went to bed.

Results:

£66.64 - 7.10%


No comments:

Post a Comment