Friday 30 January 2009

29th January - Total profit - £182

Error after Error after Error - repeat etc...

Got a bit complacent from the past few days, where I thought this trading is easy.

Here's the story:

Cambridge v Oxford - game started off and Oxford looked like the better team and they could score (first error - dont trade on a market that you dont think will be the final result), Oxford did score - my second error was not concentrating enough on both the game and the market - you cant do one without the other and both have to be watched equally carefully - I didnt and I got caught out - I hedged for a £35.70 loss - about the only thing I got right. I traded a little on the half time match and recouped £6 and diverted my attention to the Barcelona v Espanyol pre match odds on the U/O 2.5 market - I thought the 2.88 was too high - I backed, it rose to 2.90, I backed, it rose to 2.92 I backed it rose to 3.10 I backed twice and was looking at a hedge by this time of minus £25 - hated it, waited for it to drop to 3.05 and hedged out for £16 loss - you know the error, I know the error and I traded on the U/O2.5 market til a goal was scored and left the market at minus £7.33. Went back to the Oxford v Cambridge match as the odds on the Barcelona match were too low and I was trading all right but with double stakes and I got caught again when Cambridge scored - this I dont mind it wasn't a mistake but I was chasing the match and that was the error, I knew Cambridge were looking dangerous and should have opted out of trading (repeat error). Next error instead of hedging for a £55 loss, I chose to keep the £50 green on Oxford and trade the £75 draw downwards - the game finished a draw and I lost £54.35 - had I hedged for red then this loss would have been £34.

Left me feeling blue and questioning why but this morning feeling a lot better about it and I need to get back to cutting out the silly errors and things will be fine. Oh I won £4.5 on the handball.

Results:

-£85.66 - -12.19%



No comments:

Post a Comment