Monday 5 January 2009

Why no blog posting until today - embarrassment in one word.

I was having a fairly good day on the 28th December and then I got greedy and got on the wrong end of a trade, I decided to risk the bank roll on a fairly reasonable bet (I thought at the time) - the stupid thing was that after a few days of relatively good results I didnt want to show a loss for the day - the loss had I decided not to enter into the final bet of the day was only £8 but being a pigheaded, always wanting to be proved right kinda of guy I thought Blackburn vs Man City 2-0 with 4 minutes to go what's the bet to get the £8+ back - looked at the full time result - pointless - odds were pretty damn bad - I know the Under 3.5 goal market - well all I can say is that I thought Man City were stupid to let Ishmail Miller go but that Sturridge guy is the reason - he comes on with 3 minutes to go as a sub, scores and then threads an eye of the needle type pass to Robiniho who duly knocks it past the Blackburn goalie with one of the last kicks of the match the result was a £502.02 loss for the day - the bankroll went from £658 to £156 - devastating.

Always eager to get back on the horse I chucked £174.45 from other betting accounts into the betfair account and got going again. Won a bit on the american football and started the 29th with a bankroll of £362.

29th December - on the wrong side of a few trades left me with a loss for the day of £65.28. A bit of thought had to happen and I think the reasons for the losses for the 28th is obviously not sticking to my rules and being a greedy sod but the 29th need a bit more in depth soul searching and the answer was that I was too busy trying to trade rather than watch the match and marry that up with the market - it's a combination of what is actually happening and how it relates to the betting market that is so important and I decided that was the key to the future - ensure what I am doing is not going to lose me a big chunk of my bankroll and not to put the whole bankroll at risk ever (famous last words).

30th December - made 6% of my new diminished bankroll.

31st December - away with family for the day.

1st January - more trading and pleased with the 9.47% return especially true as I there wasnt any football trading going on. First dabble in to the tennis trading - have been looking forward to the tennis trading for a long time - I have watched a lot of tennis in the last year for betting purposes rather than trading purposes and I just envisage that my read of a tennis match is fairly good and could trade quite well - as there is tennis on tv most weeks then I hope that tennis and football will be a big part of my income.

2nd to 4th January has been great lots of football and plenty of tennis.

Results:

22.31%, 9.54%, 13.45%

No comments:

Post a Comment