Sunday 18 January 2009

17th January and it felt more like work than a hobby.

Preston v Burnley - traded nicely to a £18 profit on the half time and over/under 2.5 goals market. Burnley goalkeeper brings down an opponent and my backing of the draw on the full time market was exposed for a £78 loss - from that point onwards, I doubled my stakes and managed to reduce the deficit from £78 to £20 - A total loss on the match of around £2 - my aim for the day was to recover the loss from yesterday of £45 - so first match down and £47 away from my target.

Hull v Arsenal - Arsenal scored early and being the big favourite, the match turned out to be a waste of time for trading purposes. I was however watching the other match...

Bristol City v Wolves, traded successfully on the under/over 2.5 market but only for a short time as weather conditions were horrendous and I decided to opt out of trading as the wind was proving an obstacle to decent football - this was shown when just before half time a fluke goal took the ball over Bristol City's goalkeeper who had he stayed on the line would have had it covered (he was only 6 yards from his line but a gust of wind took it from his finger tips). With Wolves winning 1-0, I started trading on them winning and when they scored the 2nd I had an open bet on them - now Bristol City haven't been doing very well this season and instead of trading in for the £38 available, I wanted the £52 that was the total profit if they won the match - or more accurately I didnt think 1.10 were fair odds for the league leaders to not to win from being 2-0 up - taught me a lesson as Bristol City scored and the odds went flying back out to where they were when I backed Wolves - I traded out for £4 profit then traded the rest of the match for a total of £18.94. For what it's worth the score as 2-2.

Barcelona v Deportivo - waste of time - Barcelona scored early on and went on to be leading 3-0 at half time.

AC Milan v Florentina - again favourites scored relatively early and for trading purposes an opportunity gone. £6ish profit.

Sevilla v Numancia - a game that actually behaved it's self and profits were made - £25.

Results - did I manage to recover the £45 from yesterday?

£60.77 - 5.74%


No comments:

Post a Comment