Wednesday 21 January 2009

21st January.

Early start today, much to the annoyance of my wife, couldn't sleep and happened to have my laptop by my bed, now it's a 15.4 Dell Laptop which is a bit large and rather bright and the time I woke because I couldn't sleep was 5:40 a.m.

So with Australia being 11 hours ahead of us the aussie open was in full swing and I loaded up the live streams and the other software.

Tennis: now it seems a while ago so I'm not sure in which order I did the following:

Lu v Nalbandian - I noticed trading patterns on serves, when Nalbandian served and I was trusting his serve at the time his odds would drop each time he won a point on his serve and bottom out when he finished the game off. Lu has a good serve and as each serve that he won the Nalbandian price would go back up to roughly where it started when I first backed it. So using huge stakes of only £25 as I am not wholly confident in the tennis markets, I just backed and layed Nalbandian at the start and end of each of his service games. I did this in the first set until the games became vital for the players i.e. 4-4. I made £5.37

Santoro v Kohlschreiber - now we talked about Santoro before and watching his matches is cringe worthy as he drags his opponents into a style of game that he loves and plays on the other player's ability to play shots that they are not used to, if they just stuck to their own strengths and get Santoro to play his backhand they would win but they dont and start to self doubt. I thought Kohlschreiber would play his big serve game and stuff Santoro. I backed Kohlschreiber to win 3-0 at 1.88 and then 1.77 as he looked to be breaking Santoro in the first set, I layed at 1.6 and 1.5 when he did break and greened up for £16. I think Santoro won 3-2.

Del Potro v Mayer - I backed Del Potro to win 3-0 at 1.42 for £50 and traded out a couple minutes later at 1.37 and greened up for £2.72.

Same story for the Roddick v Malisse match except that there was only £16 to be able backed at 1.76 so I traded out at 1.65.

Generally I was shocked at how little liquidity there is on some of these matches and I suspect I will have to avoid these markets.

So tennis made me £24.85 and close to the £40ish target that is 3% of my bankroll.

Football

Malaysia v U.A.E. at 12.45 p.m. and not much to say I traded the under/over 2.5 goals with a total of 27 transactions for £10 until U.A.E. scored after about 25 minutes and the markets for Half time and full time both dipped for the U.A.E. to a shocking 1.12 - complete waste of time - I closed the stream and my laptop and waited for this evening's matches.

Burnley v Tottenham - I traded in the over/under market and cancelled a bet as Burnley looked like scoring which they did and concentrated on the half time and full time markets but Spurs looked rather dangerous in the 2nd half and I decided to look at the Espanyol and Barcelona match instead - I managed to trade for £13 in total on this match.

Espanyol v Barcelona

Finished 0-0 so a good game to trade - I made £22 from this match

Burnley v Tottenham Take II

Now Spurs were 4-1 up in the first leg and the only time extra could take place would be if Burnley from a league below won by 3 clear goals at 90 minutes - which they did! 3-0 and with that scoreline if they could hold out for the 30 minutes of extra time they would win on away goals. Burnley win market started extra time at 1.90 so the price would drop on average by about 0.03 per minute. Now with the delays with Betfair if you got a price matched by the time you layed, the price had dropped as the price was due to drop on average every 20 seconds - I love markets like this and made £24 before deciding not to trade any more with 3 minutes of extra time left to play at which point Spurs scored and then scored again to go through to Wembley.

Results:

£101.93 - 7.59%


No comments:

Post a Comment