Tuesday 6 January 2009

5th January:

Football:

Portugese football - 1st half bit of non event - Braga better team but the two teams were playing an expansive game and had chances at both ends but the finishing of the strikers made it look like it was going to be a low scoring game - I dabbled in the under/over 2.5 goals until I sussed this out but with both sides getting chances it was a market I didnt stay in there for long. Missed the start of the 2nd half was surfing the net and noticed that Braga had scored just before I returned - this gave an oppertunity to do some trading on the match score and eek out one or two ticks of profit. With the ticks of profit behind me I backed Braga to win the match but with the knowledge that if the other side looked imminently to score I could trade out with a profit in hand - with a bet on Braga to win, they got a penalty, scored and their price plummeted and I traded out at low odds for a nice profit.


Blakburn v Blyth Spartans - with Rovers fielding a bunch of reserve players against a bunch of semi professionals who were going to work their nuts off not to concede a goal the obvious market was the under over 2.5 goals (especially when the starting price was 2.26 compare this to the 1.63 of the Braga match) and I did this for a nice bit of profit for only 5 minutes at the start of the match at which point Blackburn had started to start clicking and producing opportunities for their forwards.

Tennis:

I had £6 from the early hours in the bag and the games at lunch time were Monfis - who is a dodgy player - looks very very capable but not sure he has the work ethic to get to the top - he was playing a player who I didnt know a lot about - the other guy looked ok but when I realised that he was not in a month of sundays ever going to break Monfis then a 2 sets to nil win was most likely to be on the cards - went with my convictions and traded out in the 2nd set after Monfis had broken his opponent. Roddick - I looked at the odds for a 2-0 sets win pre-match they looked overly generous - I confirmed this compared to the bookies and backed him, pre-match I put a lay bet in which was duly taken and I walked away with a profit without actually watching the match.

In the evening Wozniacki an 18 year old lady was playing a 28 year old Italian that I never have heard of - straight forward win for Wozniacki who was short odds to start of with and won 6-1, 6-0.

A good day 14.99% return

No comments:

Post a Comment