Friday 9 January 2009

9th January

Tsonga and Gasquet started the Tennis and I joined it with Tsonga looking excellent as he closed out the first set, a quick in and out of the market for a little profit. Gasquet had given up on the first set and had saved himself for the 2nd and third sets - this giving up on sets is something that some players do and it is not a quality you will find in any world number ones. Got some more cash as Gasquet finished off Tsonga in the 3rd set.

Tennis got interesting when Roddick and Monfis matched up - remember Monfis had beaten World No.1 Nadal yesterday in an excellent performance and today he returned to his prince clown of tennis, his self doubting is costing him matches and Roddick took advantage of Monfis as Monfis failed to serve out in the first set, hit some dodgy shots in the tie-break. Monfis recovered and played some good stuff in the 2nd and 3rd sets and Roddick looked on the ropes but Monfis then inexplicable surrenders a game to Roddick - totally shocking how he played that game and the shots that he played during that game - Roddick took full advantage and went on for the win - an undeserved win and he'll get stuffed by Murray tomorrow (by stuffing I mean a 4-6 3-6 match - I over exaggerate a lot).

Backed Murray on one of his serves at the start of the match against Federer and traded straight out after he won the first point.

Football:

Reading v Watford - having watched both clubs live when my team played them this season - I expected Reading to be comfortable winners, fortunately Reading didnt score for a while and allowed me to trade on the Over/Under 2.5 market, followed by Half time and Full time markets - a nearly perfect match and a damn sight a lot easier than the Tennis - only criticism is that I traded out of the Reading full time result a little early - I usually like to hold a position of being on the bet side of a trade when the favourite is leading - I did so going in at 1.24 but by the time the market had got to 1.19 I had a greening up value of £5+ and with £125 at risk I decided to green up. When the odds get to 1.19 they seem to stay there until about 10 minutes left to play - so my logic is that I can always go back in with 10 minutes to play at 1.18/1.17 compared to the trading out figure of 1.19 from 10 minutes previously and then try and keep an open bet until full time with the advantage that if they do score again then the odds would collapse - of course as soon as I traded out, Reading FC decided to score again - I tried to get in at 1.05 but all I could get was 1.02 (quite confident Reading wouldnt relinquish the lead in this match as they have the best clean sheet record in the division) as soon as I had placed the bet the score went to 3-0 and from a position of £5 I made £11.

Results:
6.87%

Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment